I think we all need "friends with benefits." Not the type that you may think. Personally the whole exchange of sexual acts with no strings attached seems like an incredibly bad idea. Seriously, a ridiculously, in no way, shape, or form, going to end well idea!
THIS IS WHAT I THINK REAL "FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS LOOKS LIKE.
- They tell you when you’ve got something in your teeth (This is pretty much the definition of a true friend, haha!).
- They don't just know all your good stories, they've lived them with you.
- They let you take a million selfies until you find the perfect angle.
- They say, "Sorry" when they’ve hurt you (Even if it was a misunderstanding).
- They see you without make up and still think you're a total babe.
- They take issues to your face and NEVER talk behind your back (Let me repeat, a true friend never gossips behind your back).
- They give you grace when you deserve it the least.
- They don’t hold grudges over petty disagreements.
- They are totally comfortable sitting in silence.
- They hold your hand on the hardest days and don’t mind when you ugly cry.
- They know your deepest fears and still think you're brave.
- They know your secrets, but keep their mouth shut.
- They know the real you, and love you wholeheartedly.
- They're ok with saying, "You're being a real jerk right now."
- They let you borrow stuff and don't really expect it back.
- They champion your dreams, not dampen your enthusiasm.
- They kick your butt when you're being slack.
- They laugh at your jokes, even when they're not that funny.
- They make you feel strong, confident and comfortable in their presence.
- They never say, “I told you so” (Even though it's a valid point)!
- And tell the truth when that dress is totes not working.
FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS LEAD YOU CLOSER TO THINGS YOU HOLD DEAR, NOT FURTHER AWAY.
You've probably heard the saying, "Birds of a feather, flock together." It's true. You'll notice that you naturally gravitate to people that have the similar passions and interests. Find ones that sharpen, not just your soul, but your spirit too. If you're a Christian, it kind of makes sense to have those closest to you on the same wavelength. It's not like you can't have people in your circle that aren't Christians (We all should!), but those absolutely closest to you should share the same values, principles and ultimately faith in the one who's your universe.
Last little piece of advice - Don't just wish for a friend like this to come your way, be that friend to someone else today.